Monday, December 24, 2007

Video: Blinking an LED

I walked through the blink-the-LED tutorial from LadyAda, and recorded the steps I took to upload, and tweak the program slightly. As I mentioned in my previous post, this reveals a lot about the usability and "approachability" of the Arduino platform. The PC program is easy to use, and changes are almost immediately visible on the USB-connected Arduino, effectively decreasing coding-demo-operation cycles to a few seconds. In my PIC days, I was used to coding-compiling-burning to chip on a programmer-inserting chip into circuit-connecting power-operation, which took at least 5 minutes per iteration. You can see for yourself below:

Here's a video of the blink program:


And this video illustrates slight tweaking of the program, and how quickly the changes can be seen on the board:

No comments: