Monday, October 13, 2008

I've been busy!

The past week, I've been really busy. To begin with, I'm rushing to build everyone's TouchShields that have been ordered over the last couple weeks since the store was sold out. Justin, Mike, and I have been soldering up a storm, and testing connections, cables, you name it.

Also, I've been really busy hacking out some code for VGA, RFID, and USB. The idea is to make a fully self-contained, Arduino powered laptop with all those inputs and outputs... and I'm definitely trying my hardest to stand on the shoulders of others:

I really like Limor's data logging shield, but I think it'd be really useful to find a way to data log onto a USB drive too, since that's how I store most of my data. I also think the VGA code work is pretty cool, though it looks like there's still some ways to go before anyone hacks out small pixels. Of course, a number of folks have hacked the Parallax RFID reader, so I'm going to see if I can use some of that code too. Anyway, it's going to be a busy set of weeks, that's for sure!

1 comment:

JustinN said...

I've tried the VDIP1 and had limited success. Most people who have tried it have had trouble doing reliable serial communication with high throughput. I can't really log accelerometer data to it.

Shameless plug: I think I might end up using your touchscreen shield in this project robotmeter.com