Monday, August 25, 2008

Why I like Make

Wow... I can already tell this is going to be a busy week for blog posts and projects. There's just so much to catch up on.

I can't believe it's Sunday night returning from vacation, and I'm literally glued to browser reading Make. The magazine is pretty inspirational to guys like me (I guess you'd call me an engineer, turned wannabe artist designer, turned hobbyist). If you haven't read it, I recommend it, and you can usually find it in Barnes & Noble. I've even started to leaf through Craft magazine, and that means I might have to start sharing some of the electronic clothing I've been making lately (but that's a longer story for another time).

But onto the good stuff... Who doesn't enjoy Make blog? I just spent the last 2.5 hours on there, browsing through all the ridiculously cool ideas everyone has out there. It's also worth noting that I'm pretty sure Philip (the guy who writes the blog) is an all-knowing genius. I don't know anyone else who picks up the kinds of projects he does from the far reaches of the net galaxy.... impressive.

On another note, I've also noticed a recent trend towards posting videos on Make blog with vimeo instead of youtube. I just tried it out, and I'm already convinced... cool stuff! Here are a few videos I've been waiting to upload of projects I made (I'll be sure to talk about how I made them later this week):


DJ Light Show with the RelaySquid from Matt Bitz on Vimeo.


Sonar Light DJ with RelaySquid from Matt Bitz on Vimeo.

Anyway, the best part of Make blog is the fact that they archive all the past posts in a really linear way, so it's easy enough to quickly flip through everything you missed over the last couple days (or week in my case). Thanks, Make!

No comments: