Monday, April 21, 2008

Putting it all together

Here's a quick little video that Chris and I took of the DoubleTall ExenderShield, plus the Arduino, TouchShield, and Lithium BackPack. We've interfaced the whole thing to an accelerometer, and added some bar graph code Mike's been working on.

I think it'd be really cool to start a Processing / Wiring graphics API on the TouchShield, so graphics could be programmed in the same API model as the Arduino...



And here's another quick video of the same thing:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm curious about how exactly the lithium backpack connects to the arduino. It's hard to see in the video where the pins connect to/from (can't find this info on the store site either). Also, does the backpack come with mounting standoffs/screws?

Matt said...

Howdy - yep, the backpack pcb board is labeled right on the back, so you can see the pins. I'll take some photos and a video and upload it. I've tried really hard to print all the pinout labels onto the pcb's, since I always hate having to look up data sheets (I personally can never find them)...

Chris said...

edwin,

It comes with black standoffs, screws and nuts.

I posted an article which hopefully helps with your electrical questions.

Check it out here:
http://antipastohw.blogspot.com/2008/05/lithium-backpack-charging-it.html

Chris said...

HTML link got chopped,

Article:
"Lithium Backpack: Charging it"