Friday, November 12, 2010

Simultaneous Quad Charging Lithium Batteries

In the past week, I've gotten a number of emails from people asking about the BeagleJuice module, and how you charge it. The BeagleJuice is a lithium ion rechargeable battery that snaps to the back of a Beagleboard, and let's you power it and any circuits or other modules like the BeagleTouch that you might have snapped on top of it for 4-6 hours depending on how much drain. If it's just the Beagleboard, it's about 6.5 hours.

Well, this is how *I* charge it - I typically charge 3-4 of them at once, running off of a USB "charging station", which is really just a 4-port USB hub that I've gutted, and wired up. The power is enough from this one USB hub to power 4 BeagleJuice's at a time.
Here's a video showing off my personal setup:

No comments: