Thursday, May 29, 2008

Update on multiprocessor Arduino

I've made it to a couple of major milestones in the software development so far, most notably:

  • Daisy chained communication between Arduino's
  • Very basic Map-Reduce algorithm (thanks, Google!)
  • Basic network-level routing protocol
  • Multi-port power across 5 Arduinos
All in the name of progress ... but I still haven't assembled anything yet, so there's not much to talk about.

The biggest challenge I'm having is trying to imagine a form factor that will allow me to have compressed access to each Arduino, while allowing expansion through shields, etc.

Time to spend some quality time with the white board, and browsing the net for some non-traditional approaches to embedded parallelism. Let me know if you know of anything cool I should look in to!

No comments: